NON-IMMIGRANT VISA FOR SPOUSE AND CHILDREN OF RESIDENT TO THE USA
To qualify for a V visa, a spouse or child (under age 21) of a U.S. lawful permanent resident (LPR) must meet all of the following criteria:
- The U.S. LPR spouse and/or parent MUST have filed Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on behalf of his or her spouse/child(ren) on or before December 21, 2000;
- The petition’s priority date must be at least three years old;
- The priority date must not be current;
- The applicant must not have already had an immigrant visa interview or be scheduled for an interview;
- The petition must not already be at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate for immigrant visa processing; and
- The applicant must be otherwise eligible as an immigrant.