OFFICIAL VISAS TO CANADA
Official visas may be granted to persons entitled, under international and domestic law, to official (functional) privileges and immunities, who intend to travel to, or to pass through, Canada for an official purpose and who come within one of the following categories:
- Members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions or international organizations; consular staff of consular posts; and service staff of diplomatic missions and consular posts in Canada;
- Other officials or experts on mission, acting on behalf of the international organizations listed in the Temporary Foreign Worker Guidelines, or contractual employees such as translators hired by the United Nations Organization or the International Civil Aviation Organization for their assemblies;
- Persons (spouse, father, mother, children) who are recognized as members of the family forming part of the household of persons listed in section (1) above and of “other officials” indicated in section (2) above;
- Private servants of a member of a diplomatic mission or a consular post, but only after a Household Domestic Worker Employment Agreement (refer to the Temporary Foreign Worker Guidelines, as been submitted by the employer to the diplomatic mission or the consular post or DFAIT Protocol (XDC); and
- Special cases, on authorization from DFAIT, Protocol (XDC).