Published on: January 23rd, 2022
By: المستشار ماهر الديري


Visitor visa program

You can apply for a visitor visa to New Zealand. During your stay, you’ll need enough money to support yourself and everyone included in your application. While you’re here, you can enjoy New Zealand’s scenery, adventure, culture, and friendly people.

With your visitor visa to New Zealand you can:

  • Visit friends and family, explore New Zealand or enjoy amateur sports, or adventure activity.
  • Study for up to 3 months.
  • Include your partner, and dependent children aged 19 and under, in your visa application.

How to apply for a visitor’s visa to New Zealand

You’ll need a visa to come to NZ if you’re from:

  • a country not on the visa-waiver list.
  • a country on the visa-waiver list and are staying for more than 3 months
  • the UK and are staying for more than 6 months.

Check visa-waiver list here:

Cost of visitor visa to New Zealand

The cost depends on your citizenship, the country you’re applying from and the type of visitor visa you need. You won’t get a refund if your application is denied.
You can pay by:

  • bank cheque
  • credit card (MasterCard or Visa)
  • SWITCH card (UK only).

How to apply for visa to New Zealand

You’ll need to provide:

  • an online application or your completed visitor visa application (form number INZ 1017)
  • 2 colour passport photos
  • a passport that’s valid for at least 3 months after the date you plan to leave NZ
  • a ticket out of NZ, or enough money to buy one
  • proof you have enough money to live on while you’re in NZ. This means:
  1. NZD1000 per month
  2. NZD400 per month if you’ve already paid for your accommodation, or
  3. a completed Sponsorship Form for Temporary Entry (form number INZ 1025), if someone’s agreed to financially support you.

Medical certificates

You’ll need to provide a medical certificate (form number INZ 1007) if you’ll be in NZ longer than 6 months but less than a year and you’ve ever:

  • had a blood or plasma transfusion
  • been exposed to an infectious disease like HIV or Hepatitis B or C
  • used intravenous drugs.

You’ll need to provide a chest x-ray certificate (form number INZ 1096) if you’re from, or have spent more than 3 months in, any country not on the list of countries with a low incidence of tuberculosis.